On March 26, 2015 Clock Tower Place had a change of ownership, ushering in a new era for the former campus occupied by Digital Equipment Corp. in their heyday from 1957 to the 90’s. The new ownership entity, AS Clock Tower Owner LLC, formed through a joint venture by Saracen Properties LLC and Artemis Real Estate Partners, has rebranded the complex as “Mill & Main” and the team is moving forward to redevelop the complex and increase tenancy, thereby bringing new activity and liveliness to the campus and downtown Maynard.
Over the next few months, the team is set to embark on the first phase of its Master Plan, reactivating the streetscape abutting Main Street and creating several outdoor green spaces intended for collaboration and seating areas. Plans to accentuate the 14 acre mill pond with a boardwalk featuring outdoor riverside seating and gathering spots are also underway, along with a walkway that will connect the Sudbury parking lot to the core of the campus.
In addition, several retail concepts will be added over the coming months, including Battle Road Brewing, which is slated to open a brew pub and brewing facility in Building 5 in the Spring of 2016. The brew pub operator, Whole House Group, run by Greg Hill of WAAF fame, has also taken over as the operator of “Amory Maynard’s Café” which started operations to much applause in August of 2015. A world-class fitness center will be built out over the winter in preparation for its grand opening in the Spring. Further, for those who enjoy cycling or commuting by bicycle, an indoor bike storage room will be created to coincide with the opening of the Assabet River Rail Trail in the Fall of 2016.
Please stay tuned for updates over the coming months as the project breaks ground and Mill & Main is transformed!